Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
This week Carly from Ellipsis invites us to explore STARS, anywhere we can find them.
So I went out to the garden and found this pale purple star shaped flower.
And then I dipped into my archives for last year's stargazer lily, which isn't quite blooming yet this year.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
This week's PhotoHunt assignment: FLAGS
The City of Portland flag. According to the City's website:
Green symbolizes Oregon’s forests, which surround Portland. The intersecting vertical and horizontal blue stripes represent the Columbia and Willamette Rivers, with the central white star (technically, a “hypocycloid”) signifying Portland at their confluence. The yellow stripes symbolize the harvest of golden yellow grain (Portland is a major exporter of wheat) and the gold of commerce. The white stripes are merely decorative. The offset cross is not intended to resemble a Scandinavian cross.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Nature Notes is the brainchild of Rambling Woods who challenges us to "look at something you might never had paid attention to..a flower…a plant..an animal…What changes are taking place?..Is your garden starting to come to life again?"
There's so much happening in the gardens in June here. Berries are ripening, buds are getting ready to burst open, seed pods are forming.
I just have to wonder what's going on inside these lily buds. Looks like someone else is curious too.
Top row: Blueberries almost ready! -- Crocosmia will soon burst into colorful red and yellow -- Hydrangea buds.
Middle row: Cone flower, or echinacea, getting ready to bloom.
Bottom row: Kiwi vine -- Poppy seed pod -- Baby tomato.
Click on photos for a larger view.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Sepia Scenes is hosted by Mary T, who also hosts the fabulous Ruby Tuesday.
Even before the nearly extinct 33 1/3 rpm records, there were 78s. They were thick and heavy (and much more satisfying to break!) Storage was an issue.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Click to enlarge.
Check out other Wordless Wednesday participants. Or become one!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Weekly Winners is hosted by Lotus - Sarcastic Mom.
Some of my favorite photos from this week.
The crew supervises Nancy's tomato pruning.
More raindrops. When you live in Oregon, you appreciate the variety of raindrops.
L. plays peek-a-boo.
M. picking lavender blossoms.
Columbine hides in the lily patch.
At the carwash.
Roasted asparagus. Yum.
About the photos
Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!
- ► 2012 (84)
- Wordless Wednesday 07-01-09: Climber
- Ruby Tuesday - 06-30-09
- Macro Monday 06-29-09
- Ellipsis - Monday Photo Shoot: Stars
- Monochrome Monday - 06-29-09
- Today's Flowers - 06-28-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 06-27-09
- PhotoHunt - Flags
- Color Carnival - 06-27-09
- Looking at the Sky on Friday: Gazing
- Nature Notes 06-25-09: Anticipation
- Sepia Scenes 06-24-09: 78s
- Wordless Wednesday 06-24-09: Western Tiger Swallo...
- Window Views - 06-24-09: Buddhist Temple
- Ruby Tuesday - 06-23-09: Roasted Beets!
- Today's Flowers - 06-21-09
- Monochrome Monday - 06-22-09: Fountain at The Moun...
- Weekly Winners - 06-21-09
- Macro Monday 06-22-09
- Color Carnival - 06-20-09
- Photostory Friday - At the Car Wash, yeah.
- Ellipsis Photo Shoot 06-19-09 Waterplay
- Looking at the Sky - Friday 06-19-09
- Nature Notes 06-18-09: Bugs for hire
- Sepia Scenes 06-17-09: Tea Party
- Window Views - 06-17-09: Hope
- Wordless Wednesday 06-17-09: Ripe
- Ruby Tuesday - 06-16-09: Back yard fun
- Macro Monday 06-15-09
- Monochrome Monday - 06-15-09: Ferris Wheel, anothe...
- Today's Flowers - 06-14-09
- Weekly Winners 06-14-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 06-14-09
- Color Carnival - 06-13-09
- PhotoHunt - Lock
- Round Robin - Looking Up
- Looking at the Sky on Friday and Ellipsis: 06-12-0...
- Window Views - 06-10-09
- Wordless Wednesday 06-10-09: Dew drops
- Sepia Scenes 06-10-09: Carnival Swing
- Ruby Tuesday - 06-09-09: Roller Coaster, of sorts
- Macro Monday 06-08-09 A Cuppa
- Ellipsis 06-07-09 Rainbows
- Monochrome Monday - 06-08-09: Haunted House
- Today's Flowers - 06-07-09
- Weekly Winners 06-07-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 06-06-09
- Color Carnival - 06-06-09
- Camera Critters - 06-06-09 Busy Bees
- PhotoHunt - Advertisement
- Photostory Friday - Instant Garden
- Looking at the Sky on Friday 06-05-09: The Gatheri...
- Nature Notes 06-04-09: Signs of summer
- Window Views - 06-03-09
- Sepia Scenes 06-03-09: Theater building
- Wordless Wednesday 06-03-09: Discovering warm sand...
- Ruby Tuesday 06-02-09 : Photo Parlor
- ▼ June (57)