Monday, October 26, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - 10-27-09

MaryT/theteach hosts this weekly event - photographs of all things red.







I love all the different colors here, including the still quite green ginkgo tree to the right and in front of the red maple.




Lest you think I'm getting a bit goulish hanging out in cemeteries lately, here's something I've been participating in:











Search 37.8 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:



Surname:


I get a notification when someone is requesting a photo of a grave in my area and if I claim it, I go find it and take the photo and post it on the Find-A-Grave website. It's a little bit scavenger hunt (trying to find gravesites that are flush with the ground in the FALL when the leaves are FALLING is challenging!) but I'm enjoying it. I find cemeteries fascinating places and wonder about the stories of the people buried there.

8 comments:

DrillerAA09 said...

Some of the prettiest fall foliage in our area is in the cemetery.
Great color. Have a wonderful Ruby Tuesday.

Carolyn Ford said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds rather incredible and interesting to me too! I just might do a little reading from your post! And, by the way...those trees are gorgeous! Nice post!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Oh my, look at that fiery beauty!

Come and see what I’ve got for Ruby Tuesday

Hootin Anni said...

This is sooooooooooo stunning and strikingly beautiful!!!!!

My Ruby Tuesday is big huge LIPS this morning...come by if you can?

Click HERE

Stephanie V said...

Cemeteries are intereting places to visit. You're right about all the stories there. Sounds like a great way to 'uncover' the stones.
Funny how the gingko tree stays green.

bj said...

What a beautiful red tree...love it...even if it IS in the cemetery. :O)

Unknown said...

nice view though it's on the cemetery.. perfect shot..

mine is here:
http://pinkyshelo.blogspot.com/2009/10/ruby-tuesday-crown-relocations.html

Jientje said...

I'm getting ready to leave the house in an hour or so. See you when I get there Terri!
Hugs xxx

About the photos

Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!

My Blipfoto Journals

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I've been retired since November, 2008. I've been spending lots of time taking photos, singing, and writing. Currently working on a historical fiction novel.. I highly recommend retirement!