Monday, January 4, 2010

Macro Monday 01-04-10

Macro Monday - hosted by Lisa






These are close-ups of some bottles in our food co-op bottle wall.

I did a little research on the stamps on the bottles and found the following:

Sand Springs in Tulsa County became one center for the [bottle] industry. As Charles Page developed the town into an industrial center, he induced the owners of several glass factories to locate there. These included in 1913 the Kerr Glass Manufacturing Company, which moved to Oklahoma from Chicago in 1913. Kerr-Hubbard and Kelly Company made lamp chimneys, Sand Springs Glass Company also operated there, Alexander H. Kerr & Company made fruit jars, and the Sand Springs Water Bottle Company prospered. By 1955, however, only Kerr Glass Manufacturing and A. H. Kerr Company remained.




ACQUA della MADONNA is an extrasensory experience. Imported from a 2000 year old spring located in romantic Castellamarre di Stabia, south of Naples, the waters have global appeal. The choice of popes, emperors and other dignitaries for centuries.


10 comments:

Müge Tekil said...

Very nice and informative post! Thank you for sharing! Have a beautiful week! :-)

p.s. My entry is at http://www.makrofotografi.com

Kim, USA said...

I am collecting old bottles and this one is a treasure. Thanks for sharing it is very informative.


MacroMonday:An Angel

Jay said...

Fascinating! It's amazing where a little research takes you isn't it? From Tulsa County to Castellamarre di Stabia near Naples!

Love the blue bottle, too!

Ingalill said...

Wow! on the blu bottle :)

Jientje said...

I LOVE Aqua di Madonna, it's a real treat!

Anonymous said...

Great colors and interesting commentary. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

I can and there's so much history on jars. I have many vintage canning jars and admire whoever gets my collection..LOL!

Great photos and stunning color!

Colleen said...

Too beautiful! I audibly gasped when I saw the pics. Love them.

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

It's not easy to photograph embossing on glass. Nicely done.
:)

Lovin' Macro Mondays,
Cameo @-->-->---

Nishant said...

Thanks for sharing it is very informative.

Work From Home

About the photos

Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!

My Blipfoto Journals

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've been retired since November, 2008. I've been spending lots of time taking photos, singing, and writing. Currently working on a historical fiction novel.. I highly recommend retirement!