Friday, November 6, 2009
Photostory Friday - Friends Near and Far
Further Adventures with Jientje.
On Wednesday we traveled ~50 miles south of Portland to Salem to meet Alida and her family. Jientje and Alida became online friends through NaBloPoMo last year and couldn't pass up this opportunity to meet in person since Jientje was so close by.
Luke and Isabela had made welcome signs and a Belgian flag for Jientje and hung them at the front door (I neglected to get a photo of them, darn.) She had a little gift for them and they couldn't have been more thrilled.
Alida fixed us a lovely lunch and we talked and talked like we were old friends.
Isabela, in a cat-like moment:
Luke, with his current passion, Legos.
We spent a couple hours exploring Salem and visiting some more back at Alida's lovely home.
And then, Thursday morning came all too soon and Jientje packed up to depart for Hawaii! It was another priceless moment in the living room, getting her suitcase closed, and a team effort with Laurie and Liza lending a hand - and a paw.
Aloha, dear friend!
I've been musing about how our lives have changed since the internet became such a big part of us -- how we can meet people from far away and also from within our own area through common interests of blogging, books, photography etc., and spend face to face time and enjoy each other's company so much. It truly is a different world now, and I feel quite lucky to have met so many wonderful people through this medium. May it spread peace and understanding throughout the world.
About the photos
Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!
- ► 2012 (84)
- Ruby Tuesday - 12-01-09
- Macro Monday 11-30-09
- Mellow Yellow Monday 11-30-09
- Today's Flowers - 11-29-09
- Monochrome Weekly 11-29-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 11-29-09
- PhotoHunt - 11-28-09: Technology
- Camera Critters - 11-28-09
- Color Carnival - 11-27-09
- Weekend Reflections 11-27-09
- Windows and Doors 11-25-09
- Sepia Scenes 11-25-09
- True Colors: Orange
- Wordless Wednesday - 11-25-09: Everything AND the ...
- Ruby Tuesday - 11-24-09
- Monochrome Weekly 11-23-09
- Macro Monday 11-23-09
- Mellow Yellow Monday 11-23-09
- Today's Flowers - 11-22-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 11-22-09
- PhotoHunt - Bird/s
- Color Carnival - 11-20-09
- The Weekly Bench: 11-20-09
- Weekend Reflections 11-20-09
- Looking at the Sky - Friday - 11-20-09
- True Colors: Lapis Lazuli
- Windows - and Doors Too! 11-18-09
- Sepia Scenes 11-18-09
- Wordless Wednesday - 11-18-09: Puppy Love
- Ruby Tuesday - 11-16-09: Up on the roof
- Monochrome Weekly 11-16-09
- MM and MYM - 11-16-09
- Today's Flowers - 11-15-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 11-14-09
- PhotoHunt - 11-14-09: Music
- Color Carnival - 11-13-09
- Weekend Reflections 11-13-09
- Sepia Scenes 11-11-09
- Windows - and Doors Too! 11-11-09
- Wordless Wednesday - 11-11-09: Dominoes by the riv...
- Ruby Tuesday - 11-09-09
- Macro Monday 11-09-09: Back in the cemetery
- Mellow Yellow Monday 11-09-09: The Little Tug that...
- Monochrome Weekly 11-08-09
- Today's Flowers - 11-08-09
- PhotoHunt - Military
- Shadow Shot Sunday 11-07-09: Laptops passing in th...
- Camera Critters - 11-07-09: Action at the feeder
- Color Carnival - 11-06-09
- Weekend Reflections 11-06-09
- Photostory Friday - Friends Near and Far
- Looking at the Sky - Friday - 11-6-09
- More Adventures with Jientje
- Jientje Arrives!
- Laurie's birthday evening
- Ruby Tuesday - 11-03-09
- Happy Birthday, Laurie!
- Mellow Yellow Monday 11-02-09
- Macro Monday 11-02-09
- Monochrome Monday - 11-02-09
- ▼ November (60)