NicoleB challenged us to a scavenger hunt! There are 25 categories, many related to our local shops and neighborhoods. The challenge actually involves some voting! with a winner and prizes! So if you like what you see here, head on over to Nicole's; she'll have a voting poll up after March 15th with links to participants.
This is a rather long post since there are more than 25 photos involved; I've kept them small-ish, but if you want an enlarged version, just click on each photo. Enjoy!
Local currency. One of these bills is bona fide queer money!
Local flag. This is the Oregon State flag
And this is the Portland city flag. I didn't even know we had one!
Local food at my favorite local coffeeshop. The coffee is locally roasted too - Stumptown coffee.
Something rusty. These are found on curbs all around our neighborhood. They're for tying up your horse. These are old curbs.
Local wildlife. This Cooper's hawk shows up in our neighborhood regularly. He's perched in one of our walnut trees.
The front view was quite dark, I had to lighten it quite a bit to see the face, so it looks a little odd.
Local nature: Mt. St. Helens, northeast of Portland. Taken from a city park. It looked very different before it erupted 29 years ago.
Local stamp. This is a display in our local post office. The stamp in the foreground raises funds for breast cancer research.
Part of my neighborhood. We live just a few blocks from Powell's Books on Hawthorne.
Traditional house: this is where we live! Our house is over 100 years old, which is typical in our neighborhood.
Local person: a busker on Hawthorne.
Local weather. It rains a lot here. These are fresh raindrops followed by sun. Typical spring weather.
Local transportation. This is our newest version of mass transit - a gondola.
Traditional local clothing. We're pretty casual in Portland.
Night sky. Full moon March 10th.
Sunrise. The most challenging capture for this night owl! I was up with the birds this morning.
Local non-food product.
Something furry. Squirrel's tail.
Something feathery. Boas - found in a local vintage shop.
A sign of the season: snow on daffodil bud. Spring weather is fickle.
A part of me.I've had my guitar for over 35 years and it seems like a part of me. My hand has been with me always.
My main hobby. Music has been my main hobby for many years. My newly discovered hobby, photography, is running a close second these days.
A local shop. Interesting clothes here!
A local restaurant. I just love the name.
A street sign: at a nearby roundabout.
Local mail box.
Don't forget to vote for your favorite scavenger hunter after March 15th!
About the photos
Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!
- ► 2012 (84)
- Wordless Wednesday - 04-01-09: Oops
- Alphabet Finds: U and V
- Ellipsis - Monday Photo Shoot: Footprints
- Ruby Tuesday - 03-31-09: At the train station
- Macro Monday: Veggies
- Monochrome Monday - 03-30-09: Train station
- Ellipsis - Monday Photo Shoot: Things that float
- Weekly Winners 03-28-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 03-29-09: The Kitchen Counter
- Camera Critters - 03-28-09: Birdsong
- PhotoHunt - Hands
- Looking at the Sky on Friday 03-27-09: Gull
- Sepia Scenes 03-25-09: Back in Time
- Wordless Wednesday 03-25-09
- Alphabet Finds: S and T
- Ruby Tuesday - 03-24-09: Dylan
- Macro Monday 03-23-09 Finches
- Monochrome Monday - 03-23-09: Ups and Downs
- Weekly Winners - 03-22-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 03-22-09: Skybridge
- PhotoHunt - Yellow
- Camera Critters - 03-21-09: At the birdfeeder
- PhotoStory Friday: Spring Equinox
- Looking at the Sky on Friday 03-20-09: Glass Ceil...
- Wordless Wednesday: Pals
- Sepia Scenes 03-18-09: Items for sale
- Alphabet Finds: Q and R
- Ruby Tuesday - 03-17-09- Green is the new Red
- Macro Monday 03-16-09: One more water droplet
- Monochrome Monday - 03-16-09: Hats!
- Weekly Winners - 03-15-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 03-15-09: Bamaryllis
- Ellipsis - Monday Photo Shoot: Black and White
- PhotoHunt - Four
- Camera Critters - 03-14-09: Squirrel Antics
- PhotoStory Friday: Bejeweled
- Looking at the Sky on Friday: Sunrise
- NicoleB's Scavenger Hunt!
- Thursday Challenge: Broken 03-12-09
- Sepia Scenes 03-11-09: Tombstones
- Alphabet Finds: O and P
- Ruby Tuesday - 03-10-09- Temple
- Monochrome Monday - 03-09-09: Yes We Have Some Ban...
- Macro Monday 03-09-09: Amaryllis Blooms
- Weekly Winners - 03-08-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 03-07-09: Harp
- Round Robin - Purple
- Camera Critters - 03-07-09: Koi
- PhotoStory Friday: Old Gravestones
- Looking at the Sky on Friday: Rain clouds
- Thursday Challenge: Windows/doors 03-05-09
- Sepia Scenes 03-04-09: Mandolin
- Alphabet Finds: M and N
- Blogger Issues
- Ruby Tuesday - 03-03-09- Accessorized
- Monochrome Monday - 03-02-09
- Macro Monday 03-02-09 Daphne Progress
- A to Z Challenge: the Letter W
- Weekly Winners - 03-01-09
- ▼ March (60)