Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nature Notes 06-25-09: Anticipation


Nature Notes is the brainchild of Rambling Woods who challenges us to "look at something you might never had paid attention to..a flower…a plant..an animal…What changes are taking place?..Is your garden starting to come to life again?"



There's so much happening in the gardens in June here. Berries are ripening, buds are getting ready to burst open, seed pods are forming.

I just have to wonder what's going on inside these lily buds. Looks like someone else is curious too.



Top row: Blueberries almost ready! -- Crocosmia will soon burst into colorful red and yellow -- Hydrangea buds.

Middle row: Cone flower, or echinacea, getting ready to bloom.

Bottom row: Kiwi vine -- Poppy seed pod -- Baby tomato.


Click on photos for a larger view.
.

3 comments:

Jack said...

I love them all but the Kiwi vine is beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful views ... love your mosaic too!
Hugs and blessings,

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful post Terri..There is so much going on in June and all the birds are having babies. My coneflower is on it's way.. I am sorry about getting here late..I seem to be running behind on things lately...Michelle

About the photos

Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!

My Blipfoto Journals

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I've been retired since November, 2008. I've been spending lots of time taking photos, singing, and writing. Currently working on a historical fiction novel.. I highly recommend retirement!