Saturday, February 14, 2009

PhotoHunt - Nautical but Nice



This week's PhotoHunt assignment: NAUTICAL.

I had lots of choices of things to post after my photo hunting expedition this morning, but this seems the most interesting. This submarine propeller is in front of OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. It's part of a memorial to US Navy persons - which includes a submarine, the USS Blueback, docked in the Willamette River in front of OMSI. (Submarine photos to appear on a future post. You can actually book a sleepover on the sub! No, I'm not going to do that.)









You can make out most of what this stamp says -- to get a better shot, I would have had to lie on my back in the freezing cold "wintry mix" - I'm just not that dedicated. Yet.

Part of the text: "Caution: This propeller embodies mean camber line sections [definition]. Refer to plan when repairing." I guess even submarine mechanics have to read the instruction manuals.
.

6 comments:

tnchick ♥ said...

Very cool choice for the theme... Great photos, too.

PowersTwinB said...

What a terrific shot for this weeks theme! I loved that this is the only propeller I have come across! My hunt is up, please come by!

Anonymous said...

Superb shots and they fit the theme perfectly! Thanks for visiting mine.

ApriltheScrapaholic said...

Great photos for the theme..........Happy Valentine's Day.

Jientje said...

That's a GREAT take on the theme!

Serena said...

I love the first photo in this series.

About the photos

Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!

My Blipfoto Journals

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I've been retired since November, 2008. I've been spending lots of time taking photos, singing, and writing. Currently working on a historical fiction novel.. I highly recommend retirement!