Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sepia Scenes and Window Views: Neighborhood Library


Sepia Scenes is hosted by Mary T, who also hosts the fabulous Ruby Tuesday.








Mary T is keeping us busy with photo memes. Here's a new one called Window Views.


Combining these two photo memes today.







Our neighborhood
branch library:


Library, inside:


From the library website:
Belmont Library has served its Southeast Portland neighborhood since 1924. Some customers remember Belmont's small brick building with its rounded windows and massive oak tables as the neighborhood library of their childhood. The original building was expanded in 1937, with the addition of a children's room. It was renovated again in 1999-2000; the project nearly doubled the library's size. Belmont houses a decorative quilt made by Sunnyside residents.

14 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

What an intriguing image in the bottom photo. I get the green but the reflections below look reversed and the central image looks blank. Fascinating.

Anonymous said...

We thought the building looked brand spanking new - yet the windows are what we call Georgian style here in England. Our own house was built in 1830 and we have original Georgian windows that are very similar to your library windows. Very grand!

Milo and Alfie

Shey said...

These are cool shots and edits. I love the sepia scenes esp that you left the colored green in the 2nd photo untouched. Very nice! :)

Anonymous said...

Intriguing second shot. great job!

Anonymous said...

cool editing, resulting in fabulous images.

annalarssonphotography said...

Fascinating shots!
I really love your last one!
Great job :)

Mine is up too!
Anna

Ralph said...

This is such a classically styled building. The sepia makes the library look dignified. The green at the top of the window is minimal - we would probably be so buried in the written at a library to look up and see much anyway...

Martha said...

Great photos the last couple of days - I'm behind!

Jeri ~ said...

Amazing sepia shots! You have done a fantastic job!!

nature ramblings said...

Totally love the second shot. That little bit of color is wonderful. Really stands out. Great job!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!

Chris said...

I love libraries and I LOVE columns -- you captured both!

Great job!

Ivanhoe said...

Way to "kill" two birds (memes) with one stone :o) Love the sepia tone.

kayerj said...

what a beautiful building, and beautiful windows. I especially love the green trees peeking through the uppermost window. Hope you can stop by to see my sepia scene My windows is on the home page as well. Thanks!

TMTW said...

What an inspiring and creative photograph! The top one is lovely as well.

About the photos

Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!

My Blipfoto Journals

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I've been retired since November, 2008. I've been spending lots of time taking photos, singing, and writing. Currently working on a historical fiction novel.. I highly recommend retirement!