This meme is all about photos of animals/critters.
Last week I took a photo class at the Oregon Zoo. Class participants were lucky to have a private wooded area where we could get up close and personal with some birds of prey and a couple of other zoo residents. I've posted a few photos in other posts this week, but here's a sample of all the animals we got to see.
Western screech owl:
Prehensile tail porcupine:
When he heard the elephants trumpet right next door, he got scared and scooted back into his kennel. He was coaxed out with some goodies.
Macaw - signaling that he wants to perch on the zookeeper's arm. (Either that or he's high-fiving us; er, high threeing us. Or flipping us off.)
American kestrel. Cute little guy - though he is a bird of prey.
The turkey vulture kept his wings spread the whole time, either sunning himself or showing off.
The elephants are legendary at our zoo - Packy, a bull elephant who turns 47 this month, was the first elephant born in captivity in the US. Here's Rose-Tu and the newest member of the herd, Samudra - Sam - born last August.
Sam with his mom and aunties:
Bald eagle. I thought the talons looked like steel weapons - nothing I'd want to tangle with.
Eurasian eagle owl:
About the photos
Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!
- ► 2012 (84)
- Nature Notes 04-30-09: Transformation
- Sepia Scenes 04-29-09: Radio Flyer
- Wordless Wednesday 04-29-09: Bleeding Hearts
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-28-09
- Macro Monday: Marimba!
- Weekly Winners - 04-26-09
- Monochrome Monday - 04-27-09: Branches
- Today's Flowers - 04-27-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-26-09
- PhotoHunt - Protection
- Looking at the Sky - Friday - 04-24-09
- Ellipsis Photo Shoot and Nature Notes: Earth Day
- Sepia Scenes 04-22-09: Go By Train
- Wordless Wednesday 04-22-09: Morning dew
- A to Z Challenge: the Letter Z
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-21-09: How Much Is That Doggie.....
- Macro Monday 04-20-09: Raindrops on apple blossoms...
- Today's Flowers - 04-20-09
- Monochrome Monday - 04-20-09: Construction
- Weekly Winners - 04-19-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-19-09: Radio Flyer
- Camera Critters - 04-18-09: Flicker
- PhotoHunt: Purple
- Round Robin - In Flight
- Looking at the Sky - Friday 04-17-09
- Ellipsis Photo Shoot: Up Close
- Nature Notes 04-15-09: Promises
- Alphabet Finds: Y and Z
- Sepia Scenes 04-15-09: Hollywood Theatre
- Wordless Wednesday: I Won't Steer You Wrong!
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-14-09: Cup and Saucer
- Today's Flowers - 04-13-09
- Macro Monday 04-13-09 CDs
- Ellipsis - Monday Photo Shoot: Pink flowers
- Happy Easter
- Monochrome Monday - 04-13-09: 25 cents a ride, at ...
- Weekly Winners - 04-12-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-12-09
- Camera Critters - 04-11-09: It's All Happening at ...
- PhotoHunt - Triangle
- Looking at the Sky - Friday - Ocean sunset
- My first photo in print!
- Sepia Scenes 04-08-09: Bank o' the West
- Alphabet Finds: W and X
- Wordless Wednesday - 04-08-09: Pedicure
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-07-09: Stylin'
- Don't Leave Home Without It!
- Monochrome Monday - 04-06-09
- Macro Monday 04-06-09: Owl
- Weekly Winners - 04-05-09
- PhotoHunt - Stripes
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-04-09: Porcupine
- Round Robin - By the Numbers
- Camera Critters - 04-04-09: Mounted Patrol
- PhotoStory Friday: The Rink
- Looking at the Sky on Friday 04-03-09: Fickle wea...
- A to Z Challenge: the Letter Y: Yo Yo Man
- Thursday Challenge: Building 04-02-09
- Sepia Scenes 04-01-09: More fun at the train stati...
- ▼ April (59)