Saturday, April 4, 2009
Weekly Winners - 04-05-09
Weekly Winners is hosted by Sarcastic Mom.
Some of my favorite photos from this week. Most of these come from the photo class I took at the zoo.* We had a private viewing of some birds of prey and overlooked the elephant yard.
Mom Rose-Tu, two aunties and the new baby, Sam.
Barn owl. We were informed that owls are not really all that smart. Don't you love the heart-shaped face and the glittery feathers?
A different kind of zoo. There's a blue one, and a pink one, and a green one and a yellow one and they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same. ("Little Boxes" by Malvina Reynolds). Actually I thought these - houses? condos? - were quite attractive, but those song lyrics were begging to be added.
More ice skaters:
The train station viewed through a sculpture across the street.
*Here's a bit of synchronicity about my trip to the zoo today:
I'd wanted to do a photo shoot at the zoo for awhile, particularly birds and elephants. I just hadn't found a good time to go.
Laurie had a class this morning at the Children's Museum, which is on the zoo property. Her class started at 8:00 and since it was so early on a Saturday, I told her I'd drive her there (I rarely go out of the house before 10!). Then I thought, I'll just check the zoo website to see what time it opens. It didn't open till 9. BUT! there was a photography class scheduled for this morning, starting at 8:00! So I wandered over there with my camera after I dropped Laurie off, just to check it out, to see if I could still get into the class. Sure, no problem.
So this class of 15 of us had the zoo all to ourselves for the first hour. They took us to a private wooded area and brought out - you guessed it - birds -- birds of prey mostly, a couple of exotics for some super close-up shots. Not only that, the area where they took us is directly in front of - you guessed it - the elephant viewing area over the elephant yard. We got to see the early morning routine AND the newest baby, Sam.
I thought it was all synchronicity at its finest.
About the photos
Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!
- ► 2012 (84)
- Nature Notes 04-30-09: Transformation
- Sepia Scenes 04-29-09: Radio Flyer
- Wordless Wednesday 04-29-09: Bleeding Hearts
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-28-09
- Macro Monday: Marimba!
- Weekly Winners - 04-26-09
- Monochrome Monday - 04-27-09: Branches
- Today's Flowers - 04-27-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-26-09
- PhotoHunt - Protection
- Looking at the Sky - Friday - 04-24-09
- Ellipsis Photo Shoot and Nature Notes: Earth Day
- Sepia Scenes 04-22-09: Go By Train
- Wordless Wednesday 04-22-09: Morning dew
- A to Z Challenge: the Letter Z
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-21-09: How Much Is That Doggie.....
- Macro Monday 04-20-09: Raindrops on apple blossoms...
- Today's Flowers - 04-20-09
- Monochrome Monday - 04-20-09: Construction
- Weekly Winners - 04-19-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-19-09: Radio Flyer
- Camera Critters - 04-18-09: Flicker
- PhotoHunt: Purple
- Round Robin - In Flight
- Looking at the Sky - Friday 04-17-09
- Ellipsis Photo Shoot: Up Close
- Nature Notes 04-15-09: Promises
- Alphabet Finds: Y and Z
- Sepia Scenes 04-15-09: Hollywood Theatre
- Wordless Wednesday: I Won't Steer You Wrong!
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-14-09: Cup and Saucer
- Today's Flowers - 04-13-09
- Macro Monday 04-13-09 CDs
- Ellipsis - Monday Photo Shoot: Pink flowers
- Happy Easter
- Monochrome Monday - 04-13-09: 25 cents a ride, at ...
- Weekly Winners - 04-12-09
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-12-09
- Camera Critters - 04-11-09: It's All Happening at ...
- PhotoHunt - Triangle
- Looking at the Sky - Friday - Ocean sunset
- My first photo in print!
- Sepia Scenes 04-08-09: Bank o' the West
- Alphabet Finds: W and X
- Wordless Wednesday - 04-08-09: Pedicure
- Ruby Tuesday - 04-07-09: Stylin'
- Don't Leave Home Without It!
- Monochrome Monday - 04-06-09
- Macro Monday 04-06-09: Owl
- Weekly Winners - 04-05-09
- PhotoHunt - Stripes
- Shadow Shot Sunday 04-04-09: Porcupine
- Round Robin - By the Numbers
- Camera Critters - 04-04-09: Mounted Patrol
- PhotoStory Friday: The Rink
- Looking at the Sky on Friday 04-03-09: Fickle wea...
- A to Z Challenge: the Letter Y: Yo Yo Man
- Thursday Challenge: Building 04-02-09
- Sepia Scenes 04-01-09: More fun at the train stati...
- ▼ April (59)