Thursday, April 9, 2009

My first photo in print!

This winter I joined Aurora Chorus - an amazing women's choir (powerful women singing peace) here in Portland. Our spring concert May 16th, titled Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History, includes the choral piece "Joan of Arc." Since we have a wonderful Joan of Arc statue right here in town, I went over one sunny day and took some photos of her.



I emailed a few of them to the choir "for inspiration;" the concert promoter liked my photos so much she asked if they could use one for the concert flyer. So here she is:


No commission, just the thrill of seeing my photo in print! I also just found out I'll be singing a solo part at the concert. A red letter day!
.

2 comments:

Serena said...

Congrats on your first photo in print! Wonderful!

Caspette said...

Congratulations what a wonderful honor!

What a good job with the poster too.

About the photos

Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog were taken by me. If you want to use any of the images, please contact me first. Thanks!

My Blipfoto Journals

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I've been retired since November, 2008. I've been spending lots of time taking photos, singing, and writing. Currently working on a historical fiction novel.. I highly recommend retirement!